: Medical Transcription is an “In Demand” profession. You can start an exciting new career with our Medical Transcription online training program. Our Medical Transcription course creates a simulation approach to medical transcription that will give you a working knowledge of the medical reports most commonly used in both inpatient and outpatient care settings. You will transcribe 100s of real medical reports. The course is organized by body systems and includes full color anatomy and physiology illustrations. We also provide you will the proper formatting, grammar, and style in accordance with AHDI. Transcription reports include: history and physical examinations; consults; operative, pathology, and radiology reports; SOAP notes; and death and discharge summaries. Your transcription materials and equipment are all included.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Type quickly and effectively
• Identify the core elements of medical transcription
• Identify the steps to transcribe medical reports
• Identify the steps to transcribe HPIP & SOAP Notes
• Comprehend the regulations included in HIPAA
Prerequisite: Medical TerminologyInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Medical Transcription course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position doing medical transcription and will be prepared to sit for the AHDI national certification exam to become a Registered Medical Transcriptionist (RMT).
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 18 Software
• Hillcrest Medical Center Beginning Medical Transcription (with Student Transcription CD-ROM) by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
• The Dictated Word by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
• Dorland’s Pocket Medical Dictionary with CD-ROM
The following equipment and software is included:
• Transcription Kit with Foot Pedal, Transcription Headset, and Scribe Software.