This training program combines a two course training track:
Medical Transcription is an In Demand profession. You can start an exciting new career with our Medical Transcription online training program. Our Medical Transcription course creates a simulation approach to medical transcription that will give you a working knowledge of the medical reports most commonly used in both inpatient and outpatient care settings. You will transcribe 100s of real medical reports. The course is organized by body systems and includes full color anatomy and physiology illustrations. We also provide you will the proper formatting, grammar, and style in accordance with AHDI. Transcription reports include: history and physical examinations; consults; operative, pathology, and radiology reports; SOAP notes; and death and discharge summaries. Your transcription materials and equipment are all included.
Quickly master the basics of medical terminology and begin speaking and writing terms almost immediately! This course omits time-consuming, nonessential information and helps you build a working medical vocabulary of the most frequently encountered suffixes, prefixes, and word roots.
Course Access Time
We offer open enrollment in which students can sign up at any time. Students can proceed as fast or slow as they want, but must complete the program in a maximum of 12 months. If you need more time, extensions are available for a small fee.
This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 18 Software
Hillcrest Medical Center Beginning Medical Transcription (with Student Transcription CD-ROM) by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
- The Dictated Word by Patricia A. Ireland & Carolyn K. Stein
- Digital Transcription Equipment: Headset, Foot Pedal and Software
- Dorlands Pocket Medical Dictionary with CD-ROM
- Medical Terminology: A Short Course by Davi-Ellen Chabner
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
- Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
- 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
- Web Browsers
- Google Chrome is highly recommended
- Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
- Cookies MUST be enabled
- Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
- Kindle Reader App is needed for many of our courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
- Adobe Flash Player (Required for many of our career courses and ALL of our IT courses.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have PowerPoint)