This Professional Bookkeeping program will show you the essentials of record keeping for a small business and will show why it's necessary to track information. The course will give you a greater understanding of the purpose and process of record keeping. Professional Bookkeeping teaches you how to sort through the masses of information and paperwork, how to record what is important for a business, and how to use that information to grow a business for success. This course helps prepare you to take the NACPB Bookkeeping Certification exam. Also QuickBooks shows you how to use this popular business finance program to gain a clear view of your finances and keep your business in the black. Students will learn how to use QuickBooks 2013s simpler interface to help manage a business, track company finances, and generate required reports.
The Job Outlook
Employment of bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks is expected to grow 14 percent from 2010 to 2020, as fast as the average for all occupations. Job growth for these workers is largely driven by overall economic growth. As the number of organizations increases, more bookkeepers will be needed to keep these organizations' books. In addition, in response to the recent financial crisis, investors will pay increased attention to the accuracy of corporate books. Stricter regulation in the financial sector will create demand for accounting services, creating opportunities for accounting clerks.
Course Access Time
This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.
Bookkeepers Boot Camp: Get a Grip on Accounting Basics by Angie Mohr, CA, CMA
How to Start a Home-Based Bookkeeping Business by Michelle Long
Bookkeeping 101 & Beyond with Peachtree Accounting (DVDs) by Robert Henry
QuickBooks 2013: The Missing Manual: The Official Intuit Guide to QuickBooks 2013 by Bonnie Biafore
- Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
- Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
- Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
- Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
- 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
- Operating Systems
- Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
- Web Browsers
- Google Chrome is highly recommended
- Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
Cookies MUST be enabled
Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
- Kindle Reader App is needed for many of our courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
- Adobe Flash Player (Required for many of our career courses and ALL of our IT courses.)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
- PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have