: This Professional Photography course reflects a comprehensive mix of scholarly and practical information. It covers every aspect of photography, from capture through to output, both digital and analogue. There is an emphasis on explaining the 'how to' of photography, but also includes in-depth coverage of the fundamental principles that govern the art, such as how light behaves, optics, and the shutter. This course ensures that the student comes away with not only a good grasp of photographic technique, but also an in-depth understanding of the fundamentals that will help them to better understand how great photography is made. As such, it functions both as an excellent course for students of photography, and a great primer and reference for amateur enthusiasts.
The field of digital photography is steadily becoming an increasingly popular and exciting hobby and profession. These days, just about anyone can take beautiful photographs after having learned the right techniques and gaining a solid editing know-how. This Professional Photography course also covers some of the basics of using Photoshop & how to start a home-based photography business.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Comprehend the basic principles of photography
• Identify the steps involved in processing photographs
• Identify digital photography techniques
• Comprehend the professional photography career
• Define techniques for successfully starting a photography business
NOTE: Adobe Photoshop is NOT included in this course. Students will need to have their own copy of this software installed on their computer.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Langford''s Basic Photography by Michael Langford, Anna Fox, and Richard Sawdon Smith
• Digital Photography: Top 100 Simplified Tips & Tricks by Rob Sheppard
• How to Start a Home-Based Photography Business by Kenn Oberrecht & Rosemary DeLuco-Alpert