Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
Students will learn the terminology, tools, and techniques that are required to take a project from the initiating process to planning, executing, controlling, and closing. In addition to providing students with an overview of key concepts in Project Management Institute's (PMI®) A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, this course will include exercises intended to build confidence and raise the students' chances of passing the CAPM® Exam.
- Use Project Management Institute's (PMI)® project management framework to initiate a project
- Apply project initiation tools and techniques in order to develop a project charter and stakeholder management strategy
- Develop a flexible and practical project management plan covering the major project lifecycle processes and phases
- Explain project execution's relationship to project planning, the factors that contribute to success, and the tools and techniques used
- Apply monitoring, control, and closing techniques to measure progress on the project and forecast project completion requirements
- Perform the sequence of steps a project manager must take to ensure a smooth project close and improvement on future projects
- Demonstrate exam strategies in preparation for the CAPM® certification exam
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.