Time-on-Task: 71 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
This course examines Information Technology (IT) in the health care world. It is designed to help IT professionals expand their training beyond IT and introduce health care IT (HIT). Data flow, IT operations, and security in HIT are explained. This course explains how health care IT includes not just the technology used in the health care environment but also the regulatory requirements, organizational behavior, and medical business operations. The course provides the knowledge needed for IT professionals to be prepared to work in the health care IT environment.
- Distinguish general Information Technology (IT) and Health Care Information Technology (HIT) Understand the expectations of employers in today's employment market
- Analyze medical business operations influence on HIT
- Analyze HIT industry regulations
- Determine data flow in health care environments
- Apply IT expertise within a medical environment
- Evaluate the efficacy of health care information management methodologies
- Identify best security practices for HIT
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.