Time-on-Task: 19 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
The ICD-10: For Physicians course will provide physicians with key information regarding the transition in medical billing from ICD-9 to ICD-10. This short course will provide an overview of ICD-10 and the changes that physicians will need to know in order to provide accurate information to medical billers/coders. Students will also learn about other important aspects of ICD-10 that directly relate to ensuring appropriate coding and payment.
- Describe the purpose/benefits of ICD-10
- Compare ICD-10 to ICD-9
- Explain what should be included in medical records to allow abstraction
- Identify possible areas of concern in sample medical records
- Explain the nuances of ICD-10 and the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.