Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides an overview of the principal areas of interpersonal communication, introducing the participant to its importance in the workplace. Participants will examine the key skills and methods related to workplace communication, and learn how to develop and apply those skills. Participants will also learn how to successfully present ideas and information as well as listen to others’ ideas to solve problems.
- Explain how to overcome communication barriers
- Identify different types of communication
- Define listening techniques
- Identify techniques used for persuading others
- Explain how different types of communication work
- Identify when to use different types of communication
- Explain why effective communication in the workplace is important
- Use a variety of communication techniques to solve problems in the workplace
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.