Time-on-Task: 41 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) are used extensively in the automotive industry, material handling warehouses, food processing plants and amusement parks, to name just a few applications. Maintenance individuals need a working knowledge of these systems. Introduction to Programmable Logic Controls will cover the history and development of PLCs, the main parts of a PLC system (how a PLC works, installation wiring diagrams, basic programming symbols and logic) and basic troubleshooting.
- Explore how and why PLCs were developed
- Know how PLCs work
- Understand where PLC systems are used
- Read PLC installation (hardwire) diagrams
- Analyze the main parts of a PLC system
- Learn basic PLC programming symbols
- Use basic PLC programming Logic
- Understand troubleshooting basics
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.