Time-on-Task: 14 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides an opportunity to learn and demonstrate Internet literacy. Students will learn how the Internet, search engines, and web browsers function, and how to search the Internet, select keywords that will narrow the scope of a search, evaluate the reliability of websites and their content, and identify secure websites when buying, selling, or banking online.
- Explain how the Internet functions
- Explain how search engines function
- Summarize how to successfully search the Internet
- Assess websites for security
- Evaluate the reliability of information found on the web
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.