Time-on-Task: 147 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course prepares you to sit for the certification exam.
The course reviews basic information essential to working in the HVAC profession. Students will learn about the components of both residential and commercial refrigeration and heating systems. They will be introduced to the fundamentals of design, maintenance, and repair of air-conditioning and heating systems. Students will also learn about required tools and equipment, as well as the safety issues involved when working with these systems.
- Describe the basics of the HVAC profession
- Identify workplace hazards
- Explain the properties of matter
- Identify types of energy and their properties
- Define thermodynamics
- Identify appropriate HVAC/R tools and equipment
- Describe the components and operation of the refrigeration system
- Identify refrigerants and their properties
- Explain refrigerant system management
- Describe HVAC/R electrical systems and components
- Identify types of residential and light commercial air-conditioning systems
- Identify types of residential and light commercial heating systems
- Describe residential and light commercial air-conditioning system components
- Describe residential and light commercial heating system components
- Explain the importance of system design, sizing, and layout
- Describe the components of commercial environmental systems
- Describe the components of commercial refrigeration systems
- Explain installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
- Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.