Time-on-Task: 34 hours
Courses may be completed in as little as a few short weeks, or up to 6 months.
Your success throughout your online course experience will be represented digitally within a badge. The badge will show your employers and professional network your qualifications as well as course materials you mastered.
This course provides students with an overview of the ICD-10 for both diagnosis and procedure coding. It covers the transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10 and reviews the changes and updates. Students will learn the new codes, the structure, and nature of the characters. They will also learn how to use the appropriate reference manuals and guides to create diagnosis codes from the ICD-10-CM and procedure codes from the ICD-10-PCS.
- Describe the purpose of ICD-10
- Compare ICD-10 to ICD-9
- Explain the functions, processes, and procedures of diagnostic coding
- Describe procedural coding
- Analyze electronic coding tools
- Practice coding for a variety of purposes and settings
- Discuss the future of coding
You want to be engaged as you learn. We get it. We also know engagement is important to true retention and learning. For that reason, each course includes:
- Online course material
- Interactive lesson presentations
- Audio-to-go podcasts
- Personalized study guides
- User-specific pacing charts
- Engaging lesson presentations
- Interactive “Check Your Understanding” exercises/quizzes
Mobile Friendly Experience: laptops, computers, tablets, etc.