: The role of the natural gas plant operator is to operate and monitor the systems and equipment that take gas from its natural state, and convert it into a usable product for consumers and businesses. Gas plant operators ensure that the end-product gas is free of impurities, then distilled into ethane, propane, butane, and methane.
As a certified gas plant operator, you’ll also be charged with controlling the flow of processed gas into pipelines which transport it to the various businesses and residences where it is used for fuel. A crucial part of your responsibilities will be ensuring that the flow-rate is adjusted to the proper level so that the supply keeps pace with customer demands.
Gas plant operators typically earn above-average wages and enjoy good job security and the possibility of advancement to supervisory or managerial positions of greater responsibility and financial compensation.
Our gas plant operator program is extremely user-friendly and was designed for full time students and other individuals with no prior experience in the industry. No prior training in science or math is required; the program includes all of the necessary basic science and technology elements.
Upon successful completion of our gas plant operator training program, students are competent to:
• Describe basic math, physics, and chemistry knowledge necessary for a gas plant operator
• Understand safety as it relates to gas plant production
• Describe basic elements of electricity
• Read technical process drawings
• Describe basic operational elements of lubrication and centrifugal pumps
• Understand how natural gas is found in nature and how gas wells are developed
• Describe how natural gas compression and refrigeration systems work
• Determine various methods used to purify natural gasInstructor Description
: Max Ansari MSEE, P. Eng., First Class Steam Engineer is the instructor for our biofuel education program. He has experience in the operation of large hydrocarbon facilities, such as refineries, and the development of training systems for a multitude of large corporations engaged in complex industrial production processes. Max also has many years of experience as a professor at a community college. He’s taught a multitude of programs in a number of energy fields.
This program does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.