: The Dental Office Assistant course delivers all the latest information and skill practice you need to succeed in the paperless era: technology, forms, and equipment in use today; up-to-date coding information; HIPAA and OSHA guidelines; functions of the dental business office; communication and critical thinking exercises; and in-depth instruction for completing common tasks such as scheduling, bookkeeping, electronic record regulations and insurance coding.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify good communication skills, telephone techniques, and methods for maintaining patient relations.
• Comprehend the role of the dental office assistant within the Dental Healthcare Team.
• Recognize the requirements for managing dental office systems and dental patient records.
• Identify the steps for managing dental office finances including insurance processing, financial arrangements, and collection procedures.
• Identify the steps for bookkeeping procedures including accounts receivable and accounts payable.
ALSO: Upon successful completion of our Dental Office Assistant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a Dental Office Assistant in a dental office setting and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA). The cost for taking the certification exam is covered in the course fees.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Our educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors reviews student work, student progress, and interacts with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Dental Office Assistant course, students will be prepared for an entry-level position as a Dental Office Assistant in a dental office setting and will be prepared to sit for the NCCB national certification exam to become a Certified Dental Office Assistant (CDOA).
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Dial-Up internet connections will result in a diminished online experience. Moodle pages may load slowly and viewing large audio and video files may not be possible.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Web Browsers
-Google Chrome is highly recommended
-Internet Explorer is not recommended as it may not display certain menus and links
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• The Administrative Dental Assistant by Linda Gaylor