: The HVACR Core Technician Program is a comprehensive online HVACR education program encompassing heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration. In addition to the rich selection of basics courses, each technician may choose as the final course an elective that fits his/her specific interests or regional system type. This flexibility allows the student to focus on knowledge used in his/her line of work or home geographic area. The program is specifically structured to provide a well-rounded introduction to the basic skills of installers and technicians who are:
• Just beginning in the HVACR industry
• Continuing education for upgrading knowledge and skills, or
• Preparing for an initial EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling Exam
• Preparing for R-410A Refrigerant Handling Qualification
• Preparing for certifications or outcome exams: HVAC Excellence Work Ready Exams, or NATE Service Core
• Preparing for state license exams that are often coupled with two or more years work experience (make sure to inquire about your state to make sure it applies)
Upon completing this program students will be able to:
• Understand the fundamentals of heating, pressure, gas, and air ventilation systems
• Implement common safety topics
• Develop diagnostic skills for electrical and motor issues
• Understand the comfort conditions and environments
• Operate and diagnose refrigeration circuits, equipment and applicationsInstructor Description
: Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!Certification
: Students will be prepared for and provided a voucher to take the NATE Service Core Certification exam, and the EPA 608 Refrigeration Handling License Exam.
The course includes electronic textbooks that are accessed directly within the course curriculum.