: EnglishShort Description
: Do you love being around children? Have you ever thought about becoming a child care worker or wondered if you could start a home day care business? Child day care management distance learning course can provide you with the information to take the first step toward earning an attractive child care worker salary.
With our child day care management distance learning course, you can learn the key concepts involved in being a child care worker. You could even learn some basic ideas on how to start a home day care business!
A child care worker is a special person who helps children grow, learn, and gain new skills every day. A child care worker also provides behavioral and emotional support so children feel safe and comfortable while with a child care worker.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Identify the elements involved in starting a daycare business
• Comprehend the requirements and considerations for planning a daily schedule
• Identify methods for generating enrollment, solving common problems, and setting professional goals
• Identify methods and considerations for developing a curriculum
• Define example activities for early childhood curriculumInstructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: Upon successful completion of our Child Day Care Management course, students will be prepared for a job in the Child Day Care industry and, in part, for the education requirements to become a Child Development Associate (CDA) and/or NCCB’s Certified Child Care Worker (CCCW).
Candidates seeking to apply for CDA assessment must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Be 18 years of age or older
• Hold a high school diploma or GED
• Have 480 hours of experience working with children within the past five years
• Have 120 clock hours of formal child care education within the past five years
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• How to Start a Home-Based Day-Care Business by Shari Steelsmith
• Early Education Curriculum: A Child''s Connection to the World by Hilda Jackman
Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
1 GB RAM minimum recommended
Windows XP, Vista or 7
Mac OS X 10 or higher
MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
Cookies MUST be enabled
Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
Kindle Reader App is needed for many courses (No special equipment needed. This can be downloaded onto your computer.)
Adobe PDF Reader
Adobe Flash Player
Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
PowerPoint Viewer (Use this if you don''t have PowerPoint)