The Aircraft Structures Training Program (ASTP) prepares individuals in aircraft basics and structure technology. ASTP includes hands-on exercises and shop skills development in assembly tools, drilling, reaming, countersinking; aircraft assembly; aircraft production fundamentals; shop math and blueprint reading; etc.
Upon successful completion of the ASTP, students will have the following knowledge and skills:
- Learn basic equipment/tool applications.
- Learn manufacturing safety requirements and individual practices that assure a safe workplace.
- Shop math and blueprint reading.
- Shop skills – assembly tools, drilling, reaming, countersinking.
- Fastener installation - fastener pattern layouts, solid rivet installation.
- Develop individual and group communication and problem solving skills.
Career placement is not part of ASTP and employment is not guaranteed. Students that successfully complete the program will be equipped for positions within the Aviation Industry including but not limited to:
- Aircraft Line Assembler
- Assembly Riveter
- Sheet Metal Assembler and Riveter (SMAR)
- Sheet Metal Mechanic
- Structures Mechanic
- Structures Technician
Monday – Thursday
5pm – 10pm
8 weeks/150 total hours of training/15 CEUs
Pierpont Community & Technical College’s Robert C. Byrd National Aerospace Education Center, Bridgeport, WV
*FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO QUALIFY*
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER